March 25, 2009

Label Crush

I have wistfully admired and coveted Erin Fetherston's work since first discovering her label a couple of seasons ago. Her collections always have a touch of the fairy tale and dress-up box, which I adore. The current F/W 09 looks were incidentally inspired by The Nutracker's tin soldiers. Shrunken jackets, tutu-like skirts, whimsical hats = Yes, Please! Capes are a wonderful alternative to coats and I like its slightly costum-y, historic annotations. Alas, my funds will not stretch to a Fetherston original so I will be hunting for a vintage alternative or a suitable pattern.

Stripes on a coat and tights? Horizontally and vertically? I think it works brilliantly, especially with those relentless patent platform shoes and jelly bag-ish cap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home