July 11, 2009

Let's Go To The Races, Darling!

Dress - Vogue Pattern 8184, View E, handmade Hat - Marie Mercié Clutch - LK Bennett Shoes - New Look Earrings - A gift Pearl Necklace used as bracelet - Vintage Shop Another Vogue Pattern, one of their Easy Options line. The dress went together quite quickly, indeed, this could easily be down in a day. My basic Bernina (or it might just have been me!) struggled a bit with sewing in the boning; still, this was a very satisfying project. I am wearing it here with my beloved Marie Mercié My Fair Lady-ish hat, some pearls, a neat little clutch and my new, perfect mid-heel shoe find. Now, I am not averse to spending good sized chunks of money on shoes but lately I have spotted quite a few good quality, cheapily priced ones and I just succumbed to these purple beauties. £20 well spent, I dare say! Also, I can't rave enough about Marie Mercié, a French milliner who has the most adorable shop in Knightsbridge as well as the original one in Paris. Her creations are absolutely gorgeous and I urge anyone with a love for hats to go and visit her shop. Heaven!

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2009 09:14:00 PM , Blogger Molly said...

Amazing, you're so inspirational! I'm in raptures over the hat.

 
At 7/12/2009 03:57:00 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Molly, you're so sweet, thanks! Just bought some more patterns, so.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home