April 01, 2009

Sister, Sister

There is a natural bond between siblings in general but I think sisters have special ties that hold them together. An invisible, complex glue of similarity and difference, loyalty and rivalry, admiration and jealousy. I found that these confilicting feelings fluctuated during the years, at times withdrawing me from my sister at others pulling me closer. What has never changed at any times, is the deep-rooted love I have for her.
There are many differences between us, some more obvious than others, but I love how a word, sentence or look can carry a meaning that only the two of us will understand, like our own secret language. It unites, fuses together and strengthens two seperate individuals into solid sisterhood.
Happy Birthday my wonderful, darling sister!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home