April 21, 2009

Weekend Pleasures

I had a lovely few days, pottering around London with my dear friend M. On Friday evening we headed out for a Ghost Walk in the City. It was suitably gloomy and rainy and our guide was brilliant. We walked down some enchanted alleys, passing old pubs, a ruined church and Leadenhall Market, a wrought iron and glass beauty. If you are in London, do go and walk through the City, either early in the morning or in the evening. It is magical.

Saturday saw us bright and early on Goldhawk Road for a spot of fabric shopping. We headed straight for my two favourites: A1 Fabrics and Classic Textiles. I did a bit of scouting for some suitable material for my sisters dress and M. bought these beauties. Afterwards, we schlept all the way to Camden Market where we did some more pottering, browsing and, in M.'s case, buying. I kept my purse shut but was seriously tempted by this donought seller... The sight of his stall made us both hungry and off we went to fill our rumbling tummies with some Chinese deliciousness in Soho. Since the weather was so nice, we decided to drop off our bags and go for a short walk in Brompton Cemetery, one of my favourite places in London. The sun was out, a breeze was teasing the bloom ladden trees and calm descented as we walked among the old monuments. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home