July 15, 2009

Vintage Heaven

After several weekends just procrastinating, last Sunday I hopped on the 11 bus and visited the Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair. It's a bi-monthly event that attracts some great sellers (and eager buyers, of course) with a selection ranging from the 1800's - almost now.
It was so worth the trip! I floated through the wares on display, fingering delicate 1930's silk nightgowns, drooling over stunning, beaded Victorian capes, contemplating the beauty of a 50's vanity case and going into hyperventilation over the most amazing selection of vintage hats I have ever set eyes on. The girl who was helping out at that particular stand was so sweet and gorgeous, telling me the history behind each hat I picked up and urging me to join her in bringing back hats big time. I am all for that!
I didn't buy anything in the end but the whole day was such a wonderful inspiration. It has certainly encouraged me to be more individual in my style of dressing and given me ideas for future sewing projects. I will be back here, to be sure!
And...the above hat seller also has a shop in Islington. So, I will definitely be paying her a visit in the very near future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home